We know ... there are tons of ideas floating about on how to keep your waistline in check. But we still hope you'll check these out for consideration as they truly do work.
Starting the Day Off Right
- Eat Breakfast Whole-grain slimming cereal with skim milk or a fruit and kefir smoothie will fill you up so you are less likely to eat impulsively later in the day.
- Beware of hidden calories. Alcohol, soda, candies and cream and sugar in coffee can quickly add up to extra pounds.
- Drink up. Eight to ten glasses of water each day will make you feel more full, plus help flush waste out of your system.
- Drive yourself to distraction. Instead of snacking unnecessarily, call a friend, play the piano, or get out of the house.
- Count calories. The Calorie Control Council features an online calorie counter and meter to determine your optional caloric intake and exercise requirements. See also: Calorie Crash Course.
- Practice mindful eating. Write down what you eat in a food diary to avoid mindless noshing and to keep track of your total daily intake.
- Keep temptations at bay. Keep high-calorie snacks out of your house and workplace.
- Teach yourself to eat less. Serve yourself smaller portions and choose raw fruits and vegetables that take longer to chew (it takes 20 minutes to feel full).
- Weigh yourself regularly. You will be more conscientious about what you eat if you are aware of your weight.
Experts agree that exercise (30 to 60 minutes daily) is essential for weight control.
View a Weight Control Sample Menu! (New Window)
Share This Page