Watch That Serving Size!
Entenmann's Ultimate Super Cinnamon Buns are misleading in their fat content. People who watch their saturated fat intake may think the 6-1/2 grams of fat in each serving is reasonable, but a serving is only one-half a bun!
Nutritional Break Down of ONE-HALF a Cinnamon Bun
- Calories: 330
- Total fat: 13g (Saturated: 4.5g; trans: 3g)
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 49g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 23g
- Protein: 5g
So, you are in truth, getting 6-1/2 grams of fat in one bun - and 660 calories.
In addition, there are three hidden grams of trans fat in each half of a bun, so now we're up to 13 grams per whole bun - two-thirds of a day's worth.
Entenmann's Other Products
Among Entenmann's products there are more healthful choices. For example, they offer cereal bars in four flavors:
- Apple Cinnamon Cereal Bars: 140 calories, 3 grams of fat (1.5 saturated), 0 trans fat in one bar.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cereal Bars: 150 calories, 6 grams of fat (2.5 saturated), zero trans fat in one bar.
- Raspberry Cereal Bars: 140 calories, 3 grams of fat (1.5 saturated), 0 trans fat in one bar.
- Strawberry Cereal Bars: 140 calories, 3 grams of fat (1.5 saturated), 0 trans fat in one bar.
All are low in sodium and have no cholesterol.
So...if you enjoy Entenmann's products, perhaps a cereal bar would be a wiser choice than the buns.
Disclosure: We have no affiliation with the manufacturer mentioned above.
Share This Page