Know Your Tea
The following list of teas are known for having toxicity.
Types of Toxic Teas
- Buckthorn: May cause diarrhea.
- Burdock: Blocks nerve impulses to organs.
- Comfrey: Can cause liver problems.
- Foxglove: May cause heart arrhythmias.
- Groundsel: May cause liver problems.
- Hops: Can destroy red blood cells.
- Jimsonweed: Blurred vision problems, hallucinations.
- Kava-Kava: May cause deafness, lack of coordination.
- Lobelia: May cause liver problems.
- Mandrake: May block nerve impulses to organs.
- Meliot: Can cause tendency to hemorrhage.
- Nutmeg: Can cause hallucinations.
- Oleander: Can cause heart stoppage.
- Pokeweed: May cause breathing difficulties.
- Sassafras: May cause liver cancer.
- Senna: May cause diarrhea.
- Thorn Apple: Blocks nerve impulses.
- Tonka Bean: Causes tendency to hemorrhage.
- Woodruff: Causes tendency to hemorrhage.
Share This Page