Boost Your Immune System with Herbs!
The following herbs and spices are some of the best for creating your own homemade herbal immune system boosters. They will function correctly as follows.
- Licorice: Buffers the inflammatory response by increasing steroid output by your adrenal glands; a good buffer if your immune system is over responding to the flu.
- Turmeric: ORAC (a measure of antioxidant activity) score of 159,277. A general immune system booster due to its high antioxidant capacity. An anticancer agent as well. Turmeric is 5 to 8 times stronger than vitamins C and E, and even strong enough to scavenge the hydroxyl radical, which is considered by some to be the most reactive of all oxidants.
- Black Pepper: Increases the bioavailability of just about all other foods -- herbs and other compounds.
- Oregano: ORAC 13,970. Active agent is rosmarinic acid, a strong antioxidant.
- Cinnamon: ORAC 267,536. Powerful antimicrobial agent found to kill E. coli and many other bacteria. Also has anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Cloves: The ORAC grand prize winner at 314,446, highest of all foods tested! Contains eugenol and its mild anesthetic benefits are useful for toothaches and sore throats. Also a good anti-inflammatory.
Handy list of herbs based on their health benefits:
- Rosemary and Basil for their anti-inflammatory power.
- Cumin and Sage for their dementia-fighting power.
- Cayenne and cinnamon for their obesity fighting power.
- Coriander and cinnamon for their sugar regulating powers.
- Lemongrass, nutmeg, bay leaves and saffron for their calming effects on your mood.
- Turmeric for its cancer fighting power.
- Oregano for its fungus-beating power.
- Garlic, Mustard Seed and chicory root for their heart-pumping power.
- Basil and thyme for their skin-saving power.
- Turmeric, basil, cinnamon, thyme, saffron, and Ginger for their immune-boosting power.
- Coriander, rosemary, cayenne, allspice and black pepper for their depression-busting power.
Share This Page
Disclaimer: The herbal and health information provided in this Web Site is intended as information only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. You should consult your health care professional for individual guidance. Persons with serious medical conditions should always seek professional care. If there is a link to a product in an article, a small commission of about 4 percent may be paid if a visitor to the site purchases the product.