These herbal pillows make wonderful gifts, just make sure the recipient does not have any plant or herb allergies.
How to make an Herbal Pillow:
Use a rectangular piece of linen, sizing it so that an eye pillow will be about 5" x 7" and the dream pillow will be about 8" x 10". (You can cover the linen eye pillows with soothing fabrics.)
Sew up the 3 sides of your cloth, leaving 1 side open for stuffing. Fill with the herbs of your choice (add cotton for softness, and flaxseed for weight if you wish) and sew up the remaining side to close.
You can also add decorations to your pillows, such as lace, ribbons, etc. The Dream Pillow can be placed under or into your regular sleep pillow.
- Dream Pillow: Any combination of Poppies, Lavender, Rosemary, Apple, Pine, Mugwort, Cinnamon, Marigold flowers, Rose petals, Mint. (Mugwort is said to cause very interesting dreams).
- Love Pillow: Any combination of Rose, Acacia, Carnation, Lilac, Myrtle, Patchouli, Periwinkle.
- Good Luck Pillow: Cedar, Sage, Violet, Mint.
- Friendship Pillow: Any combination of Ivy, Myrtle, Pansy, Zinnia, Iris, Cloves.
- Relaxation Pillow: Any combination of Chamomile, Elder flowers, Peppermint, Lavender, Jasmine, Rose petals, Rosemary.
- Sleep Pillow: If you have trouble sleeping, fill a small pillow with dried Hops, Lavender, and Lemon Balm. The aroma will lull you to sleep.
Colors: Be sure and consider color if you are making pillows for Magickal intent.
Oils: If you really feel the need to add essential oil, use sparingly! The oils will cause staining and might overpower the herbs.
Really Roses Pleasant Herbal Pillow Mix
3 tablespoons rose petals
1 tablespoon catnip
3 tablespoons chamomile
1 tablespoon spearmint
1 tablespoon hops
Pinch of thyme
Mix all ingredients together and put in a small bag to tuck into the pillow case.
You may also like...
Share This Page