We treasure herbs because of the special meanings they have acquired.
Here are a dozen herbs that brides over the centuries have included in their weddings, with the loving messages they convey.
- Apple blossom: We choose each other.
- Borage: We have courage for the road ahead.
- Clover (four-leaf): Good luck to us!
- Daisy: We are full of hope.
- Ivy: We will be faithful, clinging only to each other.
- Lavender: We are devoted to each other.
- Marjoram: What a joyful day!
- Mustard seed: We have faith in our future.
- Red Rose : Our desire is for each other.
- Rosemary: We will always remember this day.
- Yarrow: Our love will be everlasting.
Young men and maids do ready stand,
With sweet Rosemary in their hands.
A perfect token of your virgin's life,
To wait upon you they intend
Unto the church to make an end,
And God make thee a joyful wedded wife.
-- Old ballad
Share This Page
Disclaimer: The herbal and health information provided in this Web Site is intended as information only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. You should consult your health care professional for individual guidance. Persons with serious medical conditions should always seek professional care. If there is a link to a product in an article, a small commission of about 4 percent may be paid if a visitor to the site purchases the product.