1-1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
3/4 cup hot water
2 packets Butter Buds
1/2 loaf French bread
6 tablespoons chopped and seeded fresh tomato (optional)
Pinch each freshly chopped rosemary and oregano or basil (optional)
Bring the garlic and water to a boil. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and whisk in the Butter Buds. Pour or spoon the garlic stock over the sliced bread.
If desired, distribute tomato and herbs over the bread. Wrap the bread in foil and then bake for about 10 minutes.
Open the foil and broil for about 1 minute more until the garlic bread reaches the desired warmth or crispness.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
- The obvious: Spaghetti and meatballs!
- Serve with just about any kind of soup or stew.
- Serve with different types of salads.
- Serve alongside sauteed spinach and mushrooms topped with toasted pine nuts.
- Garlic bread is a classic to-go-with for steamed mussels or clams.
You may also enjoy...
Share This Page