Make these Instant Oatmeal Packets up in baggies for a quick and healthy instant oatmeal breakfast.
3 cups oats (quick cooking works best)
8 small zip-like baggies
Process 1/2 cup oats in a blender (or 1 cup oats in a food processor) on high until powdery. Set aside.
Repeat with additional 1/2 cup oats if using blender. Put the following into each baggie: 1/4 cup regular oats, 2 tablespoons powdered oats, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Store in an airtight container.
To serve, empty packet into a bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir and let stand for 2 minutes. Adjust water amount for thicker or thinner oatmeal.
Try some of the following variations:
- Sweetened Oatmeal: Add 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Oatmeal: Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Raisins and Brown Sugar: Add 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar and 1 tablespoon raisins.
- Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal: Add 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons Chopped dried apples.
- Fruit and Cream Oatmeal: Add 1 tablespoon non-dairy coffee creamer and 2 teaspoons dried fruit.
- Health Nut Oatmeal: Add 2 tablespoons any kind of wheat germ.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
You may also enjoy...
Share This Page