Delicious chocolate mini morsel pancakes give a sweet melt in your mouth flavor to these low fat, whole wheat, nutritious pancakes.
1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Combine flour, morsels, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and brown sugar in medium bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened; batter may be lumpy.
Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with vegetable oil. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn and cook about 1 minute longer or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with strawberries.
Recipe makes 18 pancakes.
- Pour chocolate syrup over the top.
- Sprinkle some chopped strawberries or serve fresh strawberries on the side.
- Top with a dollop of fat free or low fat whipped cream.
You may also enjoy...
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Crepes with Bananas and Hazelnut Chocolate Saucer
- Cinnamon-Raisin Oatmeal
Share This Page