Kids of all ages will enjoy this Wiggly Watermelon Parfait! Watermelon jello in dessert dishes with chopped chocolate pieces to resemble watermelon seeds.
1 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
3 drops green food coloring
1 cup boiling water
1 4-serving size package JELL-O Brand X-Treme Watermelon Flavor Gelatin
2 cups ice cubes
1 square semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
Mix whipped topping and food coloring; spoon evenly into 4 dessert dishes to resemble the rind of a watermelon. Place in freezer while preparing gelatin.
Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add ice cubes. Stir 5 minutes or until gelatin is slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.
Spoon gelatin evenly over whipped topping. Insert chocolate pieces into gelatin to resemble watermelon seeds. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until gelatin is firm.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories: 170; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 4.5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 85mg; Carbohydrates: 28g; Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 25g
More Ways to Get Nutrient Packed Watermelon
- Bag slices and cubes of watermelon and place in your gym bag, briefcase, or purse before leaving home.
- Have two cups of watermelon instead of one cup and you are one-quarter toward your goal of 8 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Toss watermelon in salads and smoothies.
- Top lemon yogurt with watermelon cubes.
- Blend watermelon and Splenda and freeze for a homemade sorbet.
- Puree watermelon, sweeten with concentrated apple juice and freeze into ice cubes or pops.
- Add cubes to club soda for a refreshing drink.
You may also enjoy...
Share This Page