The Ancient Greeks covered their bread with oils, herbs, and cheese. The Romans developed placenta, a sheet of flour topped with cheese and honey and flavored with bay leaves. Finally, modern pizza as we know it, originated in Italy as the Neapolitan pie with tomato. Cheese was added in 1889.
Onto our pleasing pasta recipes!
- Roasted Vegetable Pizza
- Heart Healthy Pizza Dough
- Healthy Pizza Crust and Sauce
- Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza
- Easy Low-Fat Pizza Crust
- Turkey and Vegetable Pizza
- Smoked Turkey and Cranberry Gourmet Pizza
- Chicken Salsa Pizza
- Onion Olive Pizza
- English Muffin Pepperoni Pizzas
- Easy Cheeseburger Pizza
- Provolone Pizza with Chicken and Pesto
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- Chicken and Stir-Fry Vegetable Pizza
- Homemade Vegetable Pizza
- Mexican Pizza
- Sloppy Joe Pizza
- Deep Dish Pizza
- Hot Pizza Dip
- Easy to Bake Pizza
- Four-Cheese Pizza
- Double Tomato Pizza Margherita
- Pita Pizza
- Upside Down Pizza
- Topsy-Turvy Pizza
- Pizza Pockets
- Mini Vegetable and Feta Pizzas
- Honey Graham Fruit Pizza
- Fresh Fruit Pizza
- Strawberry Pizza
- Strawberry Pizza II
- King Kong Cookie Pizza
Did You Know?
- When cooking only one pizza, save energy by cooking it in your electric fry pan instead of lighting the oven. The results will be a perfectly done crust and soft gooey cheese.
- Foods similar to pizza have been prepared since the 6th Century BC, when it is said that Persian soldiers baked flat bread covered with cheese and dates on their shields.
- Cumin seeds add a boost of flavor and aroma to homemade pizza dough.
- Pizza herb has anti-aging power. Many experts think getting more antioxidants is one way to fight the aging clock. The common pizza ingredient oregano has the greatest antioxidant concentration of any herb tested. Up to nine times more than other seasonings! Source: Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
Tomato-Olive-Pesto Pizza Recipe Card
You may also like...
- Fast Facts on Pizza
- Spaghetti Pizza (Pasta Recipe)
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Vegetable Tortilla Pizza (Vegetable Recipe)
- Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza (Soy Recipe)
Share This Page