A number of new studies show that many high-carbohydrate foods - like potatoes - are also high in weight-watching resistant starch. The starch seems to stimulate hormones that make you feel full and even help your body burn 20 percent more fat.
Cold potatoes (think potato salad) are a great source for resistant starch. Chilling their carbs develops the starch. Other good choices are Pasta salad, corn tortillas, and Great Northern beans.
Onto our pleasing potato recipes!
- New Potatoes with Black Peppercorn Butter
- Parmesan Potato Puffs
- Creamy Potatoes
- Cheddar Horseradish Potato Salad
- Mexican Potato Salad
- Mushroom Potato Salad
- Wonderful Stuffed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Custard
- Sweet Potato Custard II
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Greens
- Mashed Potatoes with Artichoke Hearts
- Mashed Potatoes Extraordinaire
- Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes
- Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- Moroccan Spiced Sweet-Potato Medley
- Potato Sausage
- Delicious Oven French Fries
- Mock-Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- Sweet Potato Spread
- Praline Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Burrito Spirals
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Amasake Scalloped Potatoes
- Chili Topped Spuds
- Spanish Potatoes
- Guilt-Free Potato Casserole
- Roasted Potatoes
- Potato Wedges (2 Variations)
- Quick Skillet Potatoes
- Potato Hash
- Asparagus and New Potatoes
- White Potato Pie
- Memorable Potato Cake
- Potato Chocolate Cake
Potato Trimming Tip 1: Use 2 tablespoons of light whipped butter instead of 2 tablespoons of regular butter to top your baked potato - you'll reduce fat and calories without sacrificing the rich flavor of butter.
Potato Trimming Tip 2: Cut the fat by substituting plain nonfat or lowfat yogurt for traditional sour cream on baked potatoes.
Grandma's Potato Puffs Recipe
Potato Cooking Tips
- To make lighter and fluffier mashed potatoes, add a pinch or two of baking powder to the potatoes before whipping.
- To easily give potatoes (or rice) added flavor, cook them in half water and half chicken or vegetable broth. If you use low-sodium broth, you can cook your potatoes entirely in broth instead of water.
- To bake potatoes quickly, place them in salt water for 15 minutes before baking.
- Do not store potatoes and onions together. Potatoes will rot quickly if stored with onions.
- To make colorful mashed potatoes, add a few drops of food coloring and mix well. Create a festive holiday food. Green for St. Patrick's Day. Orange for Halloween. Red for Valentine's...
You may also like...
- Potato Pancakes (Breakfast Recipes)
- New Potato Cake (Cake Recipe Collection)
- Enlightened Sweet Potato Cake (Cake Recipe Collection)
- Grilled Three Cheese Potatoes (Grilling Recipes)
- Lighter Sweet-Potato Muffins
- Chicken Dijon Potato Salad (Salad Recipes)
- Potato Salad (Salad Recipes)
- Potato Salad with Tomatillo Sauce (Salad Recipes)
- Garden Potato Salad (Salad Recipes)
- Turkey Potato Salad (Salad Recipes)
- Mile High Baked Potato (Sides and Slaws)
- Lactose Free Potato Soup
- Low Fat Potato Soup (Soup Recipe Collection)
- Low Fat Potato Onion Soup (Soup Recipe Collection)
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Vegetable Recipe Collection)
- The Powerful Potato
- Fab Foods: Potatoes
- Potato Food Facts
Share This Page