With its nutty fragrance and comforting texture, rice is every bit the equal of potatoes and noodles as a side dish. Its versatility has made it the reigning grain worldwide. From pilaf to baked pudding, rice dishes can fit into the day's menus morning, noon or night.
Rice Trimming Tip: Choose 1/2 to 1 cup steamed rice rather than an equal amount of fried rice. Follow this link for more rice tips...
Rice cookers make great rice, are foolproof, and are almost effortless to operate. They shut off automatically when the rice is cooked to keep it from burning.
Relish our rice recipes!
- Country Breakfast Rice Cereal
- Rice Crepes
- Fried Rice
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Rosy Rice Pudding
- Healthy Rice Bowls
- Grandma's Rice Dish
- Spiced Rice
- Simple Spanish Rice
- Rice and Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Jalapeno Pepper and Wild Mushroom Risotto
- Rice, Tomato and Chickpea Casserole
- White Rice
- Scallion Rice
- Oriental Rice
- Parmesan Rice and Pasta Pilaf
- Shrimp Okra Pilaf
- Chicken and Rice (3 Variations)
- Tex-Mex Chicken 'n' Rice Casserole
- Spinach and Rice Frittata
- Spinach Rice Casserole
- Spanish Rice and Tomatillo Sauce
- Wild Rice-Squash Risotto
- Creamy Rice with Nopalitos
- Rice Salads (3 Variations)
- Ochazuke (Tea Over Cooked Rice)
- Spicy Rice Balls (aka Mock Meat Balls)
- Beer Rice
- Rice Packets
- Easy Rice 'N Beans
- Golden Rice Pilaf
- Rice Griddle Cakes
- Orange Ginger Chicken and Rice
- Beans and Rice
- Rice Hash
- Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
- Wild Rice with Cranberries and Onions
- Steamed Rice
- Herbed Jasmine Rice
- Sunshine Rice
- Orange Rice Pudding
- Brown Rice Peach Crisp
- Basic Rice Pudding
- Caramelized Rice Pudding
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Pudding
- Apple Cinnamon Rice
- Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
Simple Simmered Rice: You will need 1 14-ounce can chicken broth and 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice. Heat broth in saucepan to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until done. Serves 4.
- To keep rice from clumping, add a few drops of cooking oil or a teaspoon of butter or margarine to the cooking water.
- For snowy white rice, add a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar to the cooking water.
- If your rice turns out like wallpaper paste, use it in a casserole, in soup, or to stuff peppers. Try again, using less water. Fluff the rice gently with a fork before serving.
You may also like...
- Lentil Soup and Rice (Soup Recipes)
- Chocolate Rice Pudding (Chocolate Recipe Collection)
- Layered Rice Casserole (Soy Recipes)
- Soynut Cilantro Rice Pilaf (Soy Recipes)
- Black Bean and Rice Salad (Whole Grain Recipe)
- Brown Rice Pilaf (Whole Grain Recipe)
- Chicken Rice Salad (Whole Grain Recipe)
- Chicken, Rice and Fruit Salad (Whole Grain Recipe)
- Cuban Beans and Rice (Whole Grain Recipe)
- Snappy Rice Dish (Whole Grain Recipe)
- Acorn Squash and Chard with Lentils and Rice (Vegetable Recipes)
- Warming Mexican Beans and Rice
- Fab Foods: Rice
Share This Page