1 cup vanilla soy milk
1/2 cup vanilla soy yogurt
2 teaspoons honey
1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup crushed ice
In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary.
Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Recipe makes 3 servings.
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Calories: 130; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: trace; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 41mg; Carbohydrates: 24g; Protein: 4g; Fiber: 3g
Diabetic exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
- Cherries. Cherries are among the list of fruits containing the highest levels of disease-fighting antioxidants.
- Blueberries. Blueberries also act as an anti-aging superstar. In the book, "The Color Code", the blueberry is said to be "One of the best age-proofing foods in your diet".
- Pure honey. Honey is a natural mixture of the simple sugars glucose and fructose. Recent studies suggest that this unique mixture of sugars help in preventing fatigue and enhancing athletic performance.
You may also like...
- Muesli with Soynuts and Dried Fruit
- Banana Strawberry Ginger Soy Smoothie
- Frozen Chocolate-Covered Cherry Smoothie
Share This Page