This incredible, anti inflammatory Turmeric Teas is also known as a liver tonic. Although best known as a spice that gives a distinctive flavor and yellow color to curry powder and mustard, turmeric is a member of the ginger family that has long been used for healing.
1/4 cup grated fresh turmeric root (or 1 tablespoon ground turmeric)
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
4 cups water
1/4 cup raw agave nectar or honey
Note: This infusion can also be drunk at room temperature.
Lemon Ginger Turmeric Detox Tea
This tea is sweet, tangy and very spicy.
Knob of ginger or 2 teaspoons ginger powder
Turmeric root or 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 to 2 dashes of cayenne powder
4 organic lemons (3 for juicing and 1 for slicing as a garnish)
3 droppers vanilla Stevia
2 quarts water
In a juicer, juice your ginger root, turmeric, and 3 lemons.
In a large pitcher add juice to 2 quarts of water, a couple droppers of vanilla stevia, the cayenne and your thinly cut lemon slices. Mix well with a wooden spoon; adjust flavors to taste. Let sit for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Will last about 5 days in the fridge.
Ginger and Turmeric Tea
Place two cups of water in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and add 1/2 teaspoon each of powdered turmeric and ginger. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Health Benefits of Turmeric Teas
- Body and liver detoxifier
- Boosts immunity
- Cleanses and purifies the blood
- Eases symptoms of coughs and colds
- Improves circulation
- Improves skin complexion
- Prevents internal blood clotting
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Reduces inflammation such as arthritis
- Stimulates secretion of bile which helps break down fat
You may also like...
- Turmeric as an Herb - includes a wonderful recipe for Turmeric Lemon Pepper Tea.
- Thyme, Sage, and Peppermint Tea
- Ginger and Lemon Tea - Great for colds and flu.
Share This Page