All of the following snacks were designed with flavor and stress-busting nutrition in mind, so you get the biggest nutritional bang for your bite while protecting your body and brain from the ravages of stress.
- The European Snack: Top a piece of toasted nut bread with an ounce of low-fat cheese and slices of an apple. Serve with orange juice.
- Sweet and Creamy: Spread fat-free cream cheese over fat-free whole-wheat crackers and top with mango chutney. Serve with a glass of calcium-fortified soy milk.
- Vegetable Dip: Dip raw vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, baby carrots, and zucchini) in fat-free ranch dressing. Serve with sparkling apple juice.
- Fruit Tortilla: Spread soy butter and a little all-fruit jam on a heated tortilla; fill it with fresh fruit, such as peach slices and strawberries. Roll it into a burrito.
- Tropical Parfait: Layer tropical fruits like banana, mango, pineapple or papaya with low-fat yogurt and low-fat granola in a parfait glass.
- Healthy Dippers: Cut corn tortillas into eight wedges and bake at 350 degrees for nine minutes or until crisp.
- Apple Snack: Drizzle apple wedges with nonfat caramel sauce.
- Mini-Tomato Bowl: Fill hollowed-out cherry tomatoes with tuna salad, hummus or leftover couscous.
- One-Minute Bagel: Top half a toasted whole-wheat bagel with hummus and thin slices of red pepper.
- Shrimp Round: Dollop cucumber slices with fat-free cream cheese, a cooked shrimp and a drizzle of cocktail sauce.
- Sweet and Crunch: Stuff almonds into dates or pitted dried plums.
- Salt and Crunch: Top a wheat cracker with tuna mixed with fat free mayonnaise and a sweet-pickle slice.
- Peanut Butter Candy: Mix equal amounts of peanut butter, toasted wheat germ and honey. Spread on a whole-wheat crackers and serve with orange juice.
- Double Cinnamon: Dunk a toasted slice of cinnamon-raisin bread in low-fat apple-cinnamon yogurt. Serve with kiwi slices.
- Melon Bowl: Fill half a cantaloupe with lemon yogurt and top with whole-grain cereal.
- Zesty Orange: Sprinkle crystallized ginger over mandarin orange slices. Serve with milk or soy milk.
- Mini-Pizza: Toast a whole-wheat English muffin; top with pizza sauce, low-fat cheese and steamed vegetables. Broil for one minute or until the cheese bubbles.
- Pina Colada Shake: In a blender, whip one frozen banana, one-half cup pineapple, 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, one-quarter teaspoon coconut extract and one-quarter cup nonfat milk. Serve with graham crackers.
- Nature's Sorbet: Pour two cups of frozen blueberries into a bowl. Serve with a cup of fat free hot chocolate.
You may also like...
- Smart Snacks
- Power Snacks
- Healthy Snack Foods for the Super Busy
- Baked California Pea Beans
- Healthy Snack and Appetizer Recipes
Share This Page