Especially geared toward sweets lovers!
The next time a sugary craving hits you, reach for one of the following tasty snacks. They are more healthful than cookies, cake or candy. They are also filling and will completely calm your craving.
Unlike snacks, filled with empty calories, the following foods will satisfy you and nourish you, so you will not find yourself foraging for more.
- One slice of toasted whole grain raisin bread with 1-tablespoon of low fat cream cheese (or 2-tablespoons of whipped cottage cheese) and 1-tablespoon of all-fruit spread.
- 8 ounces of low fat vanilla yogurt mixed with one small box of raisins and 2-tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese (for a protein boost).
- One honey whole-wheat English muffin with 2-teaspoons of low fat cream cheese sprinkled with a dusting of ground cinnamon and 1-teaspoon of sugar.
- One chocolate sorbet bar (such as Haagen-Dazs or Sharon's Sorbet)
- Two whole grain crackers (Wasa or rice cake) with 1-tablespoon of peanut butter and 1-tablespoon of jam or all-fruit spread.
- One baked apple with 2-tablespoons of low fat vanilla yogurt.
- Three frozen Tofutti bars
- One-half cup of vanilla frozen yogurt scooped into 12 ounces of diet root beer.
- Two whole grain crackers (or two brown rice cakes) with 2-tablespoons of low fat cream cheese and 1-tablespoon of jam
- One bran muffin with 1-tablespoon of jam, 1-teaspoon of peanut butter or 2-tablespoons of low fat cream cheese.
- One medium package of biscotti with 8 ounces of low fat hot chocolate or chocolate milk
- One piece (one-half ounce) of top-quality semisweet or bittersweet (dark) chocolate (such as Dove, Callebaut, Vahlrona or Ghirardelli)
You may also like...
Share This Page