Many people fall into a daily routine that can include skipping breakfast, wolfing down an unhealthy lunch, grabbing soda, chips, candy, donuts or coffee all day and gorging in the evening.
The Top Seven Bad Eating Habits
- When foods are low in fiber and high in sugar or salt and partially hydrogenated trans fats the tendency is to over-consume. When eating five to six small meals a day of high fibered fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, seeds and nuts, the result is burning more calories and storing less fat because your body's thermal effect is raised more frequently. Binging on refined processed foods is probably the greatest cause of obesity in America.
- Before and after binging comes starvation. Skip breakfast and your body has been "starving" for 12 to 18 hours resulting in over-eating again and causing your body to store much of the food as fat, as it can not burn it all for energy.
- Most people do not pay much attention to how many low fiber calories and how much bad fat they consume daily, especially if they eat often in restaurants. Those excess calories get stored as fat.
- Sugar raises blood glucose (sugar) levels, causing your body to produce insulin and changes your metabolic rate. Those who eat a lot of white flour and sugar products, loaded with empty calories, will store more fat and have a harder time burning it. Caffeine also raises the insulin levels, slowing down the fat burning process that starts in the morning and slows down throughout the day. Eating simple sugar carbohydrates late in the day promotes fat storage and blood sugar swings. Eating high fiber whole foods as a late night snack can help maintain a steady blood sugar level to give your body deep rest.
- Bet you thought your stomach tells you when you are full. It is actually your brain that signals your body it has had enough food, taking about 20 minutes from the time you begin eating. By eating chewy foods in a relaxed manner, you will be much less likely to overeat.
- Our bodies were made to move so the less you feel like going for a walk, the better you will feel after going for a walk! Exercise increases our metabolism to help burn the food we eat as energy.
- Water is crucial for your brain cells and every organ in your body (including your skin) to work properly. For your body to burn fat, it needs at least eight glasses of pure water daily. Water not only satisfies your thirst, it reduces appetite and flushes out toxins. Liquids such as soda and coffee actually deplete your body of water. Do drink your water - it makes your whole body feel good!
2. Starving Yourself
3. Not Knowing What You Eat
4. Sugar, White Flour, Caffeine and Simple Carbohydrates
5. Skipping Breakfast:
6. Lack of Exercise:
7. Not Drinking Enough Water
If you are guilty of any of The Seven Bad Eating Habits, gently and lovingly work toward changes for a healthier lifestyle. You will be glad you did!
Share This Page